Christine and Nancy are Speaking at Together We Care
Improving Long-Term and Senior Care Community Design and Development in Canada
The session is organized into two parts: a framework for thinking about design, and case studies. The framework is composed of three tiers: Personal, Responsive, and Regenerative. The Personal addresses the importance of understanding the unique needs of the care community, and design choices that support choice and autonomy; privacy and dignity; and caring for staff and Care Partners.
Responsive looks at how the built environment can support adaptability for aging in place (person-centred vs system-centred design); efficient workflows; safety and wellness. It also introduces new technological innovations.
Regenerative explores design that feeds our human need for more meaning, purpose, and connection. This section looks at ways to design connections to nature; support inspiration and growth; and to create intergenerational and community connection. Finally, we explore international case studies that offer inspiration about ways that others have created personal, responsive, and regenerative communities.
In this session, delegates will learn:
– Design is a very powerful tool to create person-centred culture in the care environment
– How to leverage opportunities that arise in renovation or building to enhance the model of care, independence, support for staff International precedents that support innovative care goals
– The direct effect of funding and Ministry design guidelines on abilities to innovate and adopt promising practices
– Capital Re/Development updates, experiences, learnings
– Finding operational efficiencies IPAC strategies
– Using the design process to build relationships between providers, staff, residents, and families
– Technological and digital tools to support new ways to provide care
– Improving resident, staff, and family experiences
By: Aziz Bootwala , Christine Craik , Nancy Wilson , Deborah Wadsworth
By: Sally Mills , Christine Craik
By: Christine Craik
We’d love to get to know you
Get in touch
Get in touch