Senior Associate, Architecture
We have an opportunity in our Edmonton office for a Senior Associate, Architecture to join our team.
Kasian is one of the largest integrated architecture and interior design firms in Canada. With a network of offices across Canada and overseas, we are a local firm with a global reach. We strive to enhance the human experience through great design. Our passion is rooted in strengthening connections between people and places by creating environments that inspire and improve lives. From complex operational facilities to finely crafted workplace interiors, Kasian’s breadth of expertise and dedication to excellence has been the driving force behind great design and strong relationships for over 30 years.Apply
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Architecture in our Edmonton office. As an influential leader, you will partner with our Edmonton-based team and leaders across Kasian to grow our Sectors and help lead the delivery of high-caliber projects. In this role, you will work closely with Edmonton’s Managing Principal and leadership team to develop business in Edmonton with focused business development efforts, client capture plans, new projects, profitable project management, and project delivery. This is a principal-growth track role and you will receive mentorship to grow to the Principal level.
What you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Grow Kasian’s sectors and practice
- Partner with the Edmonton leadership team to land and deliver projects in an efficient and timely manner
- Back up the Managing Principal in his duties and support in weekly staffing, time/leave approvals, review AR/ WIP, participate in monthly PPMs, general office management,
- Personally lead client pursuits and regional projects
- Manage key projects and ensure profitable project delivery; manage project financial performance
- Develop innovative design concepts that are practical, aesthetically appealing, and meet functional goals within the project budget; provide design direction
- Oversee project teams, providing guidance from vision through design implementation; ensure design intent is graphically presented to clients in a clear and compelling way
- Naturally, keep up-to-date on design trends as well as new technology; be considered a thought leader in design by continually educating yourself and others
- Be an ethical role model and mentor; motivate others and effectively coach staff
- Be a knowledge leader who ensures that a high degree of creativity and expertise is part of the Firm’s ‘DNA’
What you bring to Kasian:
You have a proven track record in business development in Edmonton and a track record of profitable on-time project delivery. You bring strong business development skills to Kasian, with experience in bringing onboard new clients.
Experience working in a multi-office environment is an asset and as a strong team player, you partner well with Principals and Senior Associates across all regions. You are a burgeoning business development leader, and your mentoring skills afford you the ability to build and motivate teams to achieve higher-level results.
You are a Registered Architect in Alberta and have a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience.
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you. Please feel free to submit your resume to email@example.com.