Principal or Senior Associate
We have an opportunity in our Calgary office for a Principal or Senior Associate to join our team.
Welcome to Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning, where almost 40 years of design excellence have sparked a passion for transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. With a national presence throughout Canada, we leverage the experience of our 300 Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: Commercial, Residential, Workplace, Healthcare, Senior Living, Public, and Industrial.Apply
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal or Senior Associate in our Calgary office. This position will help grow our Firm by bringing business development skills and client networks to our Calgary office. The role will also provide leadership and mentorship to the teams and lead profitable project delivery.
Reporting to the President (or in the case of a Senior Associate, to a key Principal), you will partner with Principals and Senior Associates across Kasian to significantly grow one or more of Kasian’s Commercial, Residential, Workplace, Healthcare, Senior Living, Public, or Industrial sectors by landing and delivering projects of high-calibre design. The Principal or the Senior Associate will partner with Kasian’s local leadership teams across Canada to build on and expand the revenue and client roster for any of these sectors in the Calgary market.
What you’ll be doing at Kasian
Practice Management and Market Sector Leadership:
- Work with Principals and other leaders including the President, COO and CFO to build and expand the client roster and revenue base for one or more of Kasian’s sectors (Commercial, Residential, Workplace, Healthcare, Senior Living, Public, and Industrial) in Calgary.
- Lead, motivate, manage and take day-to-day responsibility for a Calgary team.
- Be an ethical role model.
- Contribute to shaping the Firm’s vision and values, culture, and brand.
- Operate collaboratively in a one-firm approach, assisting and partnering with other Principals and Senior Associates in winning, managing and delivering projects.
- Lead business development efforts for one or more sectors (Commercial, Residential, Workplace, Healthcare, Senior Living, Public, and Industrial)
- Champion RFP submissions, develop fee proposals and attend pitches.
- Land and deliver projects in an efficient and timely manner to keep the office busy on projects.
- Continually build brand recognition for Kasian’s sectors and provide thought leadership.
- Cultivate a well-respected presence in the local architecture community to be in the know regarding project opportunities and to increase Kasian’s potential of being sought out for new projects.
- Build and maintain client relationships through consistently meeting client requirements.
- Champion innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetically appealing, and meet functional goals within the project budget.
- Lead and inspire design teams to create and deliver great designs on projects.
- Provide project leadership and client management while maintaining a minimum 50% billability ratio.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of project delivery, including coordination of design, production, contract administration and financial success.
- Ensure profitable project delivery and manage project financial performance.
- Foster a culture of engagement and continuous professional development.
- Work with other leaders to develop the next generation of design expertise for Kasian.
- Take an active role in employee development through leading, coaching, mentoring and motivating staff.
- Prepare, deliver and ensure completion of staff evaluations.
What you bring to Kasian
- 10 to 15+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of business development.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, an interest to focus on business development and client management in the Calgary market.
- Good client networks in the Calgary market with strong industry and market knowledge.
- Excellent leadership potential, capable of managing a team.
- Capable of working through all phases of a project from conceptual design to contract administration and construction period services.
- A portfolio of projects and designs.
- A detailed approach to project management with an open mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion.
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and planning.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and to deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you.