Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator to join our team.
Kasian is one of the largest integrated architecture and interior design firms in Canada. With a network of offices across Canada and overseas, we are a local Firm with a global reach. We strive to enhance the human experience through great design. Our passion is rooted in strengthening connections between people and places by creating environments that inspire and improve lives. From complex operational facilities to finely crafted workplace interiors, Kasian’s breadth of expertise and dedication to excellence has been the driving force behind great design and strong relationships for over 30 years.Apply
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator in our Vancouver office. This is a national role that will support and coordinate the health and safety of our people and projects.
What you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Review and update existing health and safety guidelines and protocols as it pertains to project management and the overall Firm
- Provide health and safety expertise and assessment on project matters and concerns
- Lead the Occupational Health & Safety committee by addressing workplace issues and training representatives in each office
- Create and maintain a Business Continuity Plan for all Kasian offices
- Lead the coordination and completion of safe work procedures, hazard/field assessments, worksite safety inspections, audits and incident investigations
- Investigate workplace incidents and analyze investigation reports, requirements, and associated high-risk factors
- Conduct the HS&E Orientation to employees and subcontractors during project onboarding
- Promote health and safety as a forward-thinking and preventive practice at Kasian
- Provide continuous safety training and project toolbox talks to employees
- Monitor, audit and support to ensure Project Safety Plan compliance while always looking for opportunities to improve safety performance
- Share your knowledge and provide Health and Safety training and coaching opportunities
- Utilize and support emergency response for projects
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process
- Effectively apply the requirements of the project-specific safety standards to promote Kasian’s H&S standards, applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes with all employees and trade partners on the project
- This role requires minimal travel to sites and our other offices in Canada.
What you bring to Kasian:
- 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry and health and safety management within the AEC industry
- Formal education and/or training in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety, NCSO or equivalent experience
- Occupational First Aid Level 3 certification is desirable
- Experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Safety Group (IHSA)
- Strong leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills are essential
- A dynamic and creative approach with a flair for being proactive and applying good judgment techniques in all situations
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and adapt safety information to employees at all levels of the Firm
- Ability to influence others and be approachable
- Maintain a positive working relationship with project teams, subcontractors, clients and suppliers
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite and other relevant Software for documentation, and reporting
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you Please feel free to submit your resume to email@example.com.