Senior Interior Designer, Associate
We have an opportunity in our Edmonton office for a Senior Interior Designer, Associate to join our team.
Our Edmonton office has delivered numerous exciting projects for both public and private sector clients including corporate offices for BIOWARE, CRA, Brownlee LLP, as well as the Stoney Plain Library. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with our Interior Design Principal to lead our growing team within a larger architectural practice. You will be responsible for promoting design excellence on all interiors projects by providing expertise in business development, design leadership, project management, and staff development.Apply
You will have a leadership role in the following areas:
- Work with the Interior Design Principal to develop and help execute the marketing strategy for Edmonton’s Interior Design practice as well as the interiors portion of integrated work in several market sectors (healthcare, seniors living, multi-family residential, retail, and commercial)
- Champion RFP submissions, develop fee proposals and contribute to business development.
- Through having a well-respected presence in the interior design community, be “in the know” regarding business opportunities and increase Kasian’s connections with business partners.
- Develop innovative design concepts which satisfy project criteria, are aesthetically appealing, and meet functional goals within the project budget; provide design leadership
- Oversee project teams in the conceptual design stage, providing guidance from vision through design implementation; ensure design intent is graphically presented to clients in a clear and compelling way
- Keep abreast of design trends, research, as well as new products and technology; be considered a though-leader in design by continuous education
- Foster an ongoing dialogue within the Interiors team on design including philosophy, approach, and processes
- Lead and inspire design teams to create and deliver quality design on projects and continually improve the caliber of design
- Participate in national interior design initiatives that add value to our services.
- Manage the interior design component of concurrent projects, both stand-alone and integrated
- Provide leadership and take responsibility for all aspects of project delivery including coordination of design, production, contract administration, and financial success
- Partner with clients through the strategic planning, client programming, and needs analysis phases of projects
- Be actively involved with consultants with respect to procurement, coordination, and management
- Perform quality control for all project presentation outputs and documentation
- Successfully manage client relationships; use well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate with clients on complex topics
- Build and maintain client relationships through consistently meeting program and budget requirements
- Take an active role in employee development through leading, coaching, mentoring, and motivating staff
- Prepare, deliver, and ensure completion of staff evaluations
- Develop the next generation of interior design experience at Kasian
- Participate in interviews and recruiting professional staff
- Foster an environment of mutual respect and trust among the Interior Design team
- Encourage staff exploration and innovation to achieve project design excellence and continual improvement of design ideas
- Take an active role in giving back to the local design community; for example, this could be through relationships with post-secondary institutions as this provides a window into knowing the talented interior designers in our field.
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of interior design experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, NCIDQ certification or Licensed Interior Designer with AAA
- Client management skills, including creation and maintenance of strong working relationships
- Experience managing Workplace interior design projects, as well as projects in other sectors
- Creative thinker with conceptual design leadership
- Strong technical knowledge, knowledge of furniture systems and Workplace Strategy concepts, along with construction administration experience
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Track record of leading high-performance teams
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and visual
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, and Adobe Creative Suite an asset