Marketing and Communications Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team.
Welcome to Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning, where over 33 years of design excellence have sparked a passion for transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. With a national presence throughout Canada, we leverage the experience of our 300 Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: Commercial, Workplace, Healthcare, Senior Living, Public, and Industrial.Apply
Located in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver, the Marketing & Communications Manager will partner with our Market Sector Chairs, Principals, and Associates and lead the Marketing and Proposal Specialist Team to further our highly creative and comprehensive strategy to raise the profile of Kasian’s brand and to help win exciting new projects. This role requires a creative and proactive doer with the confidence and tenacity to bring a fresh perspective to the role.
Position + Scope:
As the Marketing Manager, your responsibilities will fall into the following categories:
Strategy and Communications
- In collaboration with the CEO and Business Development Leaders, create and manage annual Firm and Sector Marketing plans and budgets that support the firm’s strategic business objectives and revenue goals.
- Perform benchmarking in Kasian’s market sectors including competitive analysis, strategic intelligence, and market and industry trends.
- Serve as Kasian’s brand guardian by guiding, evolving and maintaining the firm’s brand identity standards.
- Development of Public Relations initiatives to promote the Firm.
Content Development and Management
- Produce persuasive and well-written content for brochures, social media, proposals, thought leadership, website, etc.
- Create and manage a calendar of events such as thought leadership contributions, editorial calendars, webinars/podcasts, social media, conferences, awards programs, etc.
- Keep the website updated to reflect the firm’s brand and its focus on award-winning design.
- Support the firm’s internal communications program.
- Manage, motivate and lead the Marketing team including workloads, schedules, and deadlines.
- Provide design and content guidance to the Marketing Team on all internal and external communications.
- Work with the Proposal Team lead to coordinate Proposal Team and Marketing Team efforts.
- Support the proposal specialist team in their needs and upkeep of Kasian’s project collateral.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
To succeed, this individual will be able to draw from their experience with a wide range of marketing elements including brand positioning, graphics, digital and social media, public relations and communications. In addition to this, exposure to events, sponsorships, content strategy, sophisticated proposal generation and production standards will be required. You will also have:
- 10+ years’ of significant marketing experience, ideally in the A/E/C or other service-related industry.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) designation and/or post-secondary education.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with great editing ability.
- Adaptability, initiative, and a positive attitude are highly valued.
- Understand the importance of Proposal Writing in Business Development.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign.
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms, including best practices for Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing with a strong track record of leading marketing deliverables in the areas of graphic design, branding, content management and creation, communication, events, CRM, digital marketing, photography, video production, PR, association marketing and sponsorships.
- Strategic, creative marketer with the ability to translate and create a strong visual direction and written copy.
- Eye for design and typography and the ability to deliver constructive feedback.
- Understand marketing analytics and how they can be used to shape the marketing strategy, ensuring the business stays competitive.
- Professional demeanor that enables interaction with executives inside and outside the Firm.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team to create winning results.
- Strong track record of mentorship, and ability to build a culture of innovation within the team.
- Demonstrated ability to execute plans successfully within large, highly matrixed dynamic organizations with multiple business units.
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you. Please feel free to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.