We have an exciting opportunity for an BIM Specialist to join our team.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate BIM Specialist to complement our team in Vancouver, BC. You will be working with an architectural project team, providing BIM, digital delivery, and design technology support to projects and staff. Your role will also involve being part of the wider development of BIM within the practice.Apply
Here’s what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- BIM implementation planning for new projects, including attending project kick-off meetings and working closely with project teams.
- Set up BIM model for all new projects.
- Team and project set up on Autodesk Construction Cloud (BIM Collaborate Pro) platform.
- Maintain and audit Revit projects on an ongoing basis.
- Actively audit models for compliance on BIM-mandated projects.
- Perform project-specific tasks when requested.
- Provide project-specific training and onboarding to new project team members.
- Develop project-specific BIM protocols when needed.
- Engage in daily contact with project teams to understand their needs and requirements.
- Provide BIM support and training to individual users and project teams.
- Educate and ensure that BIM standards and protocols are properly and consistently followed through by users.
- Provide onboarding, training and mentoring to new hires.
- Provide support for all emergency troubleshooting scenarios.
- Actively maintain communication with office including: office-wide emails, group training sessions, new tool presentations, etc.
- Install BIM software on users’ machines as requested.
- Carry out BIM-related admin tasks such as organizing bi-weekly BIM meetings, updating local BIM-User distribution emails, etc.
Work with BIM Director and BIM Manager
- Follow existing Kasian BIM protocols and standards when supporting teams, projects, and initiatives.
- Assist with Global BIM tasks and initiatives such as developing and maintaining BIM protocols and processes, updating content libraries, researching new tools, updating training and onboarding material, deploying software, etc.
- Help with project pursuits and proposal submissions.
- Help with BIM planning and strategizing for new projects.
- Keep BIM Director and BIM Manager updated on local BIM operations such as major projects, initiatives, roll outs, etc.
- Coordinate design with other disciplines and consultants using Revit and Navisworks, when requested.
- Monitor in-house BIM support helpdesk requests and tracks issues for reporting purposes.
- Help with installing patches, service packs, and utilities to maintain BIM tools.
- Work closely with IT Team to ensure high efficiency of BIM applications and systems.
Here’s a little bit about you:
- Architectural Technology Diploma or B. Arch; coupled with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience with modeling, drawings, detailing and coordinating using Revit.
- Technical proficiency in BIM software especially Revit and Autodesk Construction Cloud (BIM Collaborate Pro).
- Experience assisting others with BIM software including capacity to teach and support usage.
- Experience working on medium to large scale architectural projects.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A customer service oriented approach to support, training, and assisting teams and projects.