Selections for the 2008 class of Design Futures Council Fellows have been announced by DFC co-chairman James P. Cramer. Nineteen individuals were chosen to receive the honor in recognition of their “significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition,” according to the citation.
- David Adjaye, Principal, Adjaye Associates, London
- Penny Bonda, Eco Editor, Interior Design magazine, New York
- Betsy del Monte, Principal, The Beck Group, Dallas
- Jan Gehl, Principal, Gehl Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Robert Greenstreet, Dean, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Gerry Hammond, President and CEO, SHP Leading Design, Cincinnati
- Barbara Heller, CEO, Design + Construction Strategies, Washington, D.C.
- Mary Margaret Jones, President, Hargreaves Associates, San Francisco
- Blair Kamin, Architecture Critic, Chicago Tribune, Chicago
- Don Kasian, President and CEO, Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd., Vancouver, Canada
- Laura Lee, Professor, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- John Maeda, President, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, R.I.
- Thom Mayne, Principal, Morphosis, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Adrian Smith, Principal, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architects, Chicago
- David Suzuki, Co-founder, David Suzuki Foundation, Vancouver, Canada
- Marilyn Taylor, Dean, School of Design, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Lene Tranberg, Principal, Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Alice Waters, Founder, Chez Panisse Foundation, Berkeley, Calif.
- Allison Williams, Principal, Perkins + Will, San Francisco
Reprinted with permission from www.di.net.
Copyright 2008 Greenway Communications.